Sunday, September 9, 2007

christine castro & rama hughes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

here are two of my favorite quick portraits by my wife and me. i caught christine (above) sketching a picture of my mom. my parents actually came to town last weekend and i was bummed that we didn't have a portrait party. i was curious to see how christine and my mom would draw one another. one of the things that i love about drawing with each of them is that they are both so humble. they both draw. they both draw very well. but they both seem delighted and surprised when the drawings are complete. my mom smiles and waves away compliments. christine gets a childlike glow, especially when she captures a good likeness, like this one (below) that she got of me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: